Happy Wednesday! Today is our weekly post about small space living highlighting some inspiring spaces hopefully encouraging us all to appreciate our own spaces a little more. NYC is home to so many people living in tiny apartments. Trust me, unless your last name is Trump, space in your apartment is probably lacking if you call New York City home. So New Yorkers have to get creative with their small space and that is my inspiration with these weekly posts.
Today’s post is all about gardening in a small space! If you have a balcony, or maybe you don’t have any outside space, don’t fret! This week I’m featuring 5 gardening ideas for those without space for a garden! Sometimes it just takes a little creativity and you can have something great! This weeks inspiraiton was all found on Pinterest, click the photo to be taken right to the pin!
1. This cinderblock garden has that urban look to it. If you don’t have a lot of floor space, this idea takes up a small about of space but allows for a lot of planters! Great idea for a balcony or small yard.
2. This balcony is a little oasis! This person obviously has a green thumb. They really used every inch of space they have and it really looks peaceful.
3. This planter shelf allows multiple plants to be displayed without taking up a lot of floor space. This balcony looks pretty small but they have alot of plants, which I love!
4. I love terrariums! It’s like a little greenhouse on your dining room table. I have building a terrarium on my “to-do” list, so when I get around to doing it I will share all the details with you and let you know how it goes 🙂 Definitely a great idea for small spaces!
5. A window garden. Why not? If you have no outdoor space but great light coming in a window in your home, use it to make a little indoor garden. If you have a large window sill you can put some small planters there and they will love all the sunshine.
Well I hope this weeks small space living has inspired you to start your own little garden (if that’s your thing). If your terrible with plants, just admire this weeks posts and skip the “to-do” part, or maybe just get a cactus, they need practically no water!
To all the Pinners reading this, I’m on Pinterest and pin a lot of inspiration on NYC – small space living.
Are you good with plants? Do you consider yourself to have a green thumb? Let me know in the comments below what you think about gardening.